Basic Stamp 2PE Motherboard
Parallax's BASIC Stamp 2pe Motherboard provides a compact, professional-grade platform for BASIC Stamp applications.
The MoBoStamp-pe includes a USB interface for programming and debugging on an attached PC. The motherboard can either be powered by the USB connection or for portable applications; the motherboard can be powered through an attached daughterboard and external power source.
Interfacing to the outside world is possible using the two daughterboard sockets. Compatible plug-in daughterboards perform a variety of functions for data acquisition, light sensing, and display output. The PWR-I/O-DB card, for example, provides an interface for up to six Parallax serial (three-pin) devices and/or servos and provides separate voltage regulation and filtering on the daughterboard.
The MoBoStamp-pe motherboard includes two Atmel AVR microcontrollers (ATtiny13); one for each daughterboard socket. These microcontrollers act as coprocessors used to offload computationally intensive tasks from the BASIC Stamp. This allows a higher level of performance while retaining the BASIC Stamp's legendary ease of use. Best of all, it is not necessary to write additional code for the coprocessors. Parallax already offers a library of uploadable AVR code to handle the specific needs of each daughterboard, allowing the user to concentrate more on PBASIC programming. Right out of the box, both AVRs come preloaded with firmware for digital I/O, pulse-width modulated (PWM) output, analog input, and frequency measurement. And changing the firmware is easy with the LoadAVR.exe PC program, available for download below. Advanced users can create custom AVR code with AtmelÎ“Ã‡Ã–s free AVR Studio development environment.
- Compact size: 2.75" x 1.35" (69.9mm x 34.3mm)
- BS2pe BASIC Stamp chip for ease of use and high performance (~6000 instructions/sec)
- Built-in USB port: mini-B connector
- Onboard power select jumpers: USB or external (6 to 9 VDC) power supply
- Multiple Vdd levels: 3.3 VDC and 5VDC, jumper selectable
- Power consumption as low as 18 mA
- Two sockets for plug-compatible daughterboards: 2x6-pin, 2mm header sockets
- User-programmable multi-color status LED
- 1 ea. MoBoStamp-pe Motherboard
- 4 ea. 3/16” dia. x 5/16” Threaded Standoffs
- 8 ea. 4-40 x 3/16” Panhead Machine Screws
- 3 ea. 2mm Jumper
Two onboard AVR coprocessors (ATtiny13), each preprogrammed for:
- Analog input: two available voltage inputs (0 to Vdd or 0 to 1.1V each)
- Voltage comparator input: compare one of three inputs to a fourth one
- Digital I/O: four available I/O ports
Pulse-width modulated output: two available outputs (selectable 18.38Hz to 37.5KHz, 0/256 to 256/256 duty cycles)
- Frequency counter: four available inputs (0 to 1MHz)
- Scratchpad RAM: 32 bytes
- Easy PBASIC interface using the OWIN and OWOUT commands
- See GPIO manual below for details
- Powered by USB or external (6 to 9 VDC) power supply
- Build in USB interface for computer programming and communication
- Dimensions: 2.75" x 1.35" (69.9mm x 34.3mm)