BASIC Stamp 2E Module
The BASIC Stamp 2e serves as the brains inside of electronics projects and applications that require a programmable microcontroller.
It is able to control and monitor timers, keypads, motors, sensors, switches, relays, lights, and more.
Programming is performed in an easy-to-learn language called PBASIC.
All vital components (processor, clock source, memory, power regulator) are provided on the tiny PCB of the BS2e-IC; just connect power and go! Projects needing small, permanent soldering area for circuitry may benefit from combining the BS2e-IC with the BASIC Stamp 2 Carrier Board or the Super Carrier Board . For lower-cost OEM solutions, the processor (PBASIC2e interpreter) and other components are available for integration into your PCB.
The BS2e-IC is useful for those that have previous experience with the BS2 and would like more program space or the use of Scratch Pad RAM. For customers that require a more powerful or true multi-processing capabilities, we highly recommend the Propeller microcontroller.
- Processor Speed: 20 MHz
- Program Execution Speed: ~4,000 PBASIC instructions/sec.
- RAM Size: 32 Bytes (6 I/0, 26 Variable)
- Scratch Pad RAM: 64 bytes
- EEPROM (Program) Size: 8 x 2 KBytes; ~4,000 PBASIC instructions
- Number of I/O Pins: 16 + 2 dedicated serial
- Current Draw @ 5 vdc: 25mA Run, 200 μA Sleep
- Source/Sink Current per I/O: 30 mA / 30 mA
- Source/Sink Current per unit: 60 mA / 60 mA per 8 I/O pins
- PBASIC Commands: 45
- Package: 24-pin DIP
- Industrial-Rated since Rev. E
- Power Requirements: 5.5 to 12 VDC (Vin), or 5 VDC (Vdd)
- Communication: Serial (9600 baud for programming)
- Dimensions: 1.20 x 0.63 x 0.15 in (30.0 x 16.0 x 3.81 mm)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)