ROBOT C is a powerful C-based programming language with a Windows environment for writing and debugging programs and the only programming language at this level that offers a comprehensive, real-time debugger.
ROBOTC is developed by the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy and designed for use with MINDSTORMS NXT and RCX as well as TETRIX, It allows students to learn the type of C-based programming used in advanced education and professional applications.
Key Learning Values:
- System design and analysis
- Programming and controlling input and output devices, using wireless communication
- Developing solutions, select, build, test and evaluate
- Hands-on practical application of theoretical knowledge with `real world examples‘
True C-based source code editor – not just a generic text editor
- Automatically increases / decreases source code indents based on code sytax and structure.
- Optional predictive text editor
- Hovering over a keyword / variable activates tool tips
- Unlimited undos – Not just the last action!
- The only interactive debugger available, enabling a dramatic reduction in development time
- Continously checks for over 50 different causes of software failures
- Supports user-defined breakpoints in source code
- Basic and expert modes target both novice and advanced students
Language versions: English