The CO (Carbon Monoxide) Gas Sensor Module is designed to allow a microcontroller to determine when a preset CO gas level has been reached or exceeded.
Interfacing with the sensor module is done through a 4-pin SIP header and requires two I/O pins from the host microcontroller.
The sensor module is mainly intended to provide a means of comparing carbon monoxide sources and being able to set an alarm limit when the source becomes excessive.
- Uses the MQ-7 CO Gas Sensor
- Easy SIP interface
- Compatible with most microcontrollers
- Sensing high carbon monoxide (CO) concentration
- Alert for over limit of gas concentration
- Stand-alone/background sensing
- Power requirements: 5 VDC @ 165 mA (Purge Phase) / 50 mA (Sense Phase)
- Interface: 1 TTL compatible input (HSW), 1 TTL compatible output (ALR)
- Dimensions: 1.50" H x 1.00" W x 1.00" D (38.1mm H x 25.4mm W x 25.4mm D)
- Operating temp range: 32°F to 158°F (0°C to 70°C)
Note: Parallax & Active Robots do not provide gas calibration data on the module and such data and alarm setting is the responsibility of the user to define. For information on user calibration please see the documentation.
Be aware that a carbon monoxide concentration greater than 1000 parts ppm (parts per million) is deadly. Automotive exhaust and charcoal cooking grill exhausts can be above 1000 ppm in carbon monoxide.
Always be careful to perform gas tests in well-ventilated areas.
This CO Gas Sensor Module in not designated for or approved for any application involving health or human safety. This CO Gas Sensor Module is for experimental purposes only; Parallax Inc & Active Roots Ltd. absolves themselves of all liability and responsibility associated with the customer’s use of this CO Sensor Module and is not responsible for any bodily injury, death, or property damage as a result of using this CO Gas Sensor Module.