Sawyer is a revolutionary new high performance smart, collaborative robot designed for machine tending, circuit board testing and other precise tasks. Sawyer also provides the same great safety features, flexibility, speed of integration, ease of training and user experience that current users experience with the Baxter robot which has always been a key downside with traditional industrial robots.
Trained, Not programmed
Sawyer uses Rethink Robotics' flagship software, Intera. This amazing software means Sawyer can be shown or trained a task in minutes, meaning retasking or integrating Sawyer into your industrial processes is a quick and easy task that can be undertaken by your staff, at your convenience. Sawyer really is the next generations powertool, now.
Small Package, Big Performance
Sawyer is faster, lighter, stronger and more precise than Baxter. Cleverly designed to be able to be able to operate and reach in smaller spaces, Sawyer can work side-by-side with human co-workers in a smaller space. With a 7 degree of freedom arm and an impressive 1026 mm reach Sawyer can manoeuvre into the tightest of spaces which opens up a whole variety of new applications.
Improved Vision System
Sawyer features a new embedded vision system, with a head camera for wide view applications and a Cognex camera in its wrist that can support many complex vision tasks. With the Cognex wrist camera and Robot Positioning System, rapid re-deployment and dynamic re-orientation takes even less time, and with many more software features being added Sawyer will only keep on improving.
- Weight: 19 kg (42 lbs)
- Payload: 4 kg (8.8 lbs)
- Repeatability 0.1 mm
- Reach: 7 degrees of freedom and >1 metre reach
- Actuation: Series elastic actuator and Harmonic Drive, with optical encoder
- Force sensing: High-resolution force sensing embedded at each joint
- Vision: Camera in the head for wide field of view and Cognex camera with built-in light source in the wrist for precision vision applications
- Software: Intera, with software updates every 4 months
- Body: Sealed against dust and spray
- Expected lifetime: 35,000 hours (5 years)
- Certification: International Approvals