This multiplexer connects directly to one of the digital sensor ports of NXT and the power for the motors is supplied from an external source.
It's designed as Quad 35 Volt 0.6 amps H-Bridge motor drive.
This multiplexer drives 9 volt RCX compatible Lego electric motors (Lego 71427, 74569, 43362 or Electric RC Race Buggy Motor 5292).
Use this if you already have some of these motors and wish to put them to use with NXT. If you don't have these motors, we suggest NXTMMX or NXTServo.
- Ease of use and flexibility.
- Drives upto four motors independently.
- Forward, Reverse, Brake and Float control.
- 256 speed settings for each motor.
- Read/write control for all the parameters of motor.
- Uses external power supply (up to 35 Volts) for motors.
- Supported in NXT-G, NXC/NBC and RobotC
- Maximum power consumption: 1.5mA at 4.7V
- Handles upto 0.6 Amps of overall power load
Note: Consult your motor power ratings before attaching motors. Under load some motors draw excessive current which can damage the controller and/or battery.
Picture 2 shows two RCX motors and one RC motor connected to the MTRMX-Nx. To conserve your main NXT batteries, the power hungry motors are supplied electricity from external battery connected to the white/black wire above.
If you wish to connect regular DC motors to this: Connect DC motors to NXTYou can connect regular DC motors (max 35 volts, 500 mA) to this MTRMX-Nx by attaching motor pins to the holes shown in adjacent picture. Connect your power supplied expected by DC motors to the power pins on MTRMX-Nx. The controller will provide same forward/reverse rotation with speed control as it would for RCX motors.