|ROBOTC is a powerful C-based programming language with a Windows environment for writing and debugging programs, and the only programming language at this level that offers a comprehensive, real-time debugger. ROBOTC
is a cross-platform solution that allows students to learn the type of c-based programming used in advanced education and professional applications.
Benefits of using ROBOTC
- Uses the industry standard C-programming language. Additional language extensions specifically for robotic use.
- Modern Windows GUI with standard visual interface.
- The only solution with fully integrated software debugger allowing users to step line by line through program execution and analysis of all variables.
- Additional debugging tools allow the user to see the real time states of all motors and sensor. These are viewed as your program is running; not as a separate application!
- Single solution works for both VEX Cortex and VEX PIC. No need to purchase two different applications.
- Over 100 Sample Programs with extensive documentation so students and hobbyists can get started learning how
- Advanced source code editor with smart indenting, automatic code competition and a tabbed interface to allow multiple program to be open at the same time
- Free webinars, video tutorials, community forums, detailed help files, and curriculum provided by Carnegie Mellon’s
- ROBOTC skills easily transitions into use of professional tools used by engineers. Not a dead end skill for VEX only!
- ROBOTC has the same form and feel, often even the same command names, as professional tools used on other systems.
Read the WIRED Blog Network article:
- ROBOTC for LEGO Mindstorms (Single License)
- ROBOTC for LEGO Mindstorms (Classroom License)
- ROBOTC for Cortex and PIC
True C-based source code editor – not just a generic text editor
- Automatically increases / decreases source code indents based on code sytax and structure.
- Optional predictive text editor
- Hovering over a keyword / variable activates tool tips
- Unlimited undos – Not just the last action!
- The only interactive debugger available, enabling a dramatic reduction in development time
- Continously checks for over 50 different causes of software failures
- Supports user-defined breakpoints in source code
- Basic and expert modes target both novice and advanced students