Introducing the MiniPAK "Personal Power Center", a palm-size universal portable power charger and power extender for ANY electronic device requiring up to 3W of power. The MiniPAK device integrates a passive air-breathing fuel cell and a "solid-state" hydrogen storage unit.
Suitable for cellphones, smartphones, gaming devices, GPS handhelds, small lighting devices and MP3 players, and also useful to free up thousands of creative applications normally connected to and powered by PCs. HYDROFILL personal hydrogen power station to recharge cartirdges is available seperately.
Included in the MiniPAK are:
- 1 HydroSTIK fuel cartridge (fully charged for UK destinations)
- USB connector tips for main smartphone/cellphone brands
- 1 USB cable
- 1 USB Flashlight
- Plastic pouch
Mobile devices are becoming more sophisticated and need more power for longer times in order to remain practical to consumers. Horizon is combining its consumer product know-how with innovative fuel cartridge technologies to form a new device named MiniPAK able to charge a variety of portable electronics for longer durations and at a lower cost than existing disposable, rechargeable battery alternatives.
"The MiniPAK portable electronic device charger is designed to meet the needs of users who want more portable energy in one package, at a lower cost than existing rechargeable battery-based options."
The device is supplied with 1 refillable HydroSTIK ready to use solid state hydrogen cartridge. A home refilling station the HYDROFILL eliminates past concerns over fuel availability and cartridge replacements. All you need to do with the HYDROFILL is add water to its reservoir, connect an empty HYDRSTIK cartidge, and power on. Spare HydroSTIKs can also be purchased separately.
- More available energy than most existing devices (Wh)
- Cheaper for the amount of storable energy (£/Wh)
- "Hot swappable" energy by simply swapping "empty for full" cartridges on the go
- No wall sockets ideal for remote "off-grid" use or international travel
- Refillable H2 storage!
- Able to carry on-board aircraft cabin - thanks to recent legislation on metal hydride devices
- Eco-friendly: if disposed, canisters do not contain any mercury, cadmium or lead
- Sustainable product: product makes use of recycled plastics and green materials
- Ready-to-use device - no need to charge cartridges prior to first-time use
- No self discharge - energy can be stored in solid state for years
- Smaller size for similar weight when compared to best available batteries
- Easy to use (Universal USB for multiple devices), no need for adaptor plugs
- Multiple use - can be used for numerous portable devices, not just cell-phones!
- Infrastructure for the future - HydroFILL "home refuelling station" can be used for many other fuel cell devices