Programming is performed in an easy-to-learn language called PBASIC.
All vital components (processor, clock source, memory, power regulator) are provided on the BS2sx's tiny PCB; just connect power and go! Projects needing small, permanent soldering area for circuitry may benefit from combining the BS2sx-IC with the BASIC Stamp 2 Carrier Board (#27120) or the Super Carrier Board (#27130). For lower-cost OEM solutions, the processor (PBASIC2sx interpreter) and other components are available for integration into your PCB.
The BS2sx-IC is useful for those that have previous experience with the BS2 and would like more speed and program space. For customers that require true multi-processing or video generation, we highly recommend the Propeller microcontroller.
- Processor Speed: 50 MHz
- Program Execution Speed: ~10,000 PBASIC instructions/sec.
- RAM Size: 32 Bytes (6 I/0, 26 Variable)
- Scratch Pad RAM: 64 bytes
- EEPROM (Program) Size: 8 x 2 KBytes; ~4,000 PBASIC instructions
- Number of I/O Pins: 16 + 2 dedicated serial
- Current Draw @ 5 VDC: 60mA Run, 500 μA Sleep
- Source/Sink Current per I/O: 30 mA / 30 mA
- Source/Sink Current per unit: 60 mA / 60 mA per 8 I/O pins
- PBASIC Commands: 45
- Package: 24-pin DIP
- Industrial-Rated since Rev. F