Programming is performed in an easy-to-learn language called PBASIC.
All vital components (processor, clock source, memory, power regulator) are provided on the BS2px's tiny PCB; just connect power and go! Projects needing small, permanent soldering area for circuitry may benefit from combining the BS2px-IC with the BASIC Stamp 2 Carrier Board (#27120) or the Super Carrier Board (#27130).
The BS2px-IC is useful for those that have previous experience with the BS2p and need more speed or special I/O configuration functions. BASIC Stamp 2px Enchanced PBASIC (new commands, when compared to BS2p and BS2pe); for example, CONFIGPIN and COMPARE (see BASIC Stamp Syntax & Reference Manual for more details).
For customers that require true multi-processing or video generation, we highly recommend the Propeller microcontroller.
- Processor Speed: 32 MHz Turbo
- Program Execution Speed: ~19,000 PBASIC instructions/sec.
- RAM Size: 38 Bytes (12 I/0, 26 Variable)
- Scratch Pad RAM: 128 bytes
- EEPROM (Program) Size: 8 x 2 KBytes; ~4,000 PBASIC instructions
- Number of I/O Pins: 16 + 2 dedicated serial
- Current Draw @ 5 VDC: 55mA Run, 450 μA Sleep
- Source/Sink Current per I/O: 30 mA / 30 mA
- Source/Sink Current per unit: 60 mA / 60 mA per 8 I/O pins
- PBASIC Commands: 63
- Package: 24-pin DIP
- Commercial-Rated since Rev. A