The BASIC Stamp 1 (BS1-IC) is an ideal fit for applications that don't require the speed, I/O, and memory of the BASIC Stamp 2 series of microcontrollers.
Projects needing small, permanent soldering area for circuitry may benefit from combining the BS1-IC with the BASIC Stamp 1 Carrier Board (#27110) or simply using the BASIC Stamp 1 Project Board (#27112).
For customers that require a more powerful microcontroller, we highly recommend the BASIC Stamp 2 series controllers; if true multi-processing is what is needed for your project or applications, then the Propeller microcontroller is going to be the best option.
- Processor Speed: 4 MHz
- Program Execution Speed: ~2,000 instructions/sec.
- RAM Size: 16 Bytes (2 I/O, 14 Variable)
- EEPROM (Program) Size: 256 Bytes ~80 instructions
- Number of I/O Pins: 8
- Current Draw @ 5 VDC: 1mA Run, 25 μA Sleep
- Source/Sink Current per I/O: 20 mA / 25 mA
- Source/Sink Current per unti: 40 mA / 50 mA
- PBASIC Commands = 32
- Package: 14-pin SIP