This is a transceiver module designed to send/receive serial data over power lines. PLC-UART is designed to transparently move serial data over the AC or DC power line network installed in your home or office. These units have the distinct advantage over protocols like X10. The PLC-UART communicates bidirectionally and at up to 19200bps. Not only can you tell the blender to turn on, but you can query the remote device and get data from it (you can't query with X10).
- Fully transparent mode, plug and play coming out of the box without the need to do any programming.
- Built-in error correction codes.
- Built-in repeater function to extend the coverage.
- Physical and logic address
- AT commands used for advanced configuration.
- UART interface to host uP
- FSK(Frequency Shift Keying) modulation used in physical layer
- Low power Design
- Small module size, and easy to be implemented into existing products.
The PLC-UART-12V requires an external 12VDC supply for operation.
On the PLC-UART motherboard, there is a 20-pin receptacle, users can choose different daughter boards based on the interface needs. This 20-pin receptacle is pin-compatible with XBee module from Digi. So a XBee module can also be used on PLC-UART, and PLC-UART will become a powerline communication to Zigbee bridge.
The new generation PLC-UART motherboard also support DIP by optional pins that can be used to directly plug to user's board without doing screwing. The interface board signals such as RS232/RS485/USB signals are also routed back to motherboard through the 20-pin receptacle, and again to users' board through these DIP pins.
LinkSprite modules have the built-in packet-level repeater function. This feature can greatly extend the coverage of the powerline communication.
LinkSprite module has both physical and logic addresses. In a network, both physical and logic addresses can be used to address different nodes in the network.