The kit is compatible with Actobotics 3-12V Spur Gearmotors as well as their 6-12V Precision Spur Gearmotors . The pan system utilizes an 84 tooth, 32 pitch hub gear which gets mated to the included 20 tooth 6mm bore pinion gear to create a 4.2:1 underdrive setup. The ratio slows the speed of the motor down while increasing the low-speed characteristics and torque. The gear mesh is fully adjustable when using a spur gearmotor since the output shaft of a spur type gearmotor is offset from the center of the gearbox. Simply loosen the pinch bolt on the clamping motor mount and rotate the gearmotor to the desired position and re-clamp.
The 84 tooth spur gear has been selected so that any pinion gear from 16 to 32 tooth can be used and mesh properly given the center to center distance adjustment by rotating the motor within the motor mount. The 1” hollow aluminum shaft is supported by two 1” ball bearing to allow for a solid and robust base to mount a camera, prop, display or gadget on top of. The hollow shaft allows wires to pass through the center of the pan system for a clean setup. The hollow shaft can also be used to pass a smaller shaft through the center to support a stationary platform above the rotating assembly.
An arm can then be attached to the rotating assembly to allow your camera to orbit the subject to create a unique effect! The plate at the base of the pan system has several holes that are unused so that you can easily mount it to a flat surface, or you can mount the system to a tripod using the included 1/4 " -20 threaded screw plate that attaches in the center of the base plate. This base plate also fits inside most of the common ball-head adaptors found on jib cranes if you wish to hang the pan system from a jib.
- (1) 90 Degree Dual Side Mount D (pair)
- (1) 3.75” Aluminum Channel
- (1) Round Base A
- (1) 1” OD x 2.25” L Aluminum Tube with Flange
- (1) 1” Shafting and Tubing Spacer
- (8) 6-32 x 0.250” Flat Head Stainless Steel Screws
- (14) 6-32 x 0.3125” Socket Head Cap Screws
- (4) 6-32 x 0.500” Socket Head Cap Screws
- (1) 1” Bore Clamping Hub A
- (1) 84T, 32 Pitch, 1” Bore Aluminum Hub Gear
- (1) Hub Adaptor C
- (1) Aluminum Clamping Motor Mount
- (1) 20T, 32 Pitch, 6mm Bore Pinion Gear
- (1) 1/4-20 Round Screw Plate
- (2) 1” Bearing Blocks