It is targeted for makers to develop low power Internet-Of-Things (IoT) projects quickly and easily.
The micro-controller unit (MCU) is Atmel ATmega32u4 and the BLE chip isNordic nRF8001. Blend Micro runs as BLE peripheral role only, it allows BLE central role devices to establish connection with.
Current supported BLE central devices:
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 5 (all models)
- iPod touch 5
- iPad 3/4/mini/Air
Android 4.3 or above (4.4 recommended for stability) with Bluetooth 4.0 hardware support
Windows 8.1 with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 or USB dongle
Mac OSX 10.9.2 with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 or USB dongle
Linux with BlueZ 5.1 with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 or USB dongle
- First BLE + Arduino board under Arduino at heart program
- Works withNordic Bluetooth Smart SDK for Arduino
- Software development using Arduino IDE
- Over-the-Air download of sketch to Blend Micro (available soon)
- Supported bySeedstudio freeAndroid App andIOS App
||Atmel ATmega 32u4
Note: Use either one power source at a time.
Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
||32KB (of which 4 KB used by bootloader)
||43.6 x 18.4 x 4.3mm (83 x 58 x 25mm with packaging)
||4g (19g with packaging)
||2mA (average - using Interrupt mode)