Communication between the 4DPi-35 and the Raspberry Pi is interfaced with a high speed 48Mhz SPI connection, which utilises an on-board processor for direct command interpretation and SPI communication compression, and features a customised DMA enabled kernel. This combination allows this display to output 25FPS when displaying a typical image/video, and can achieve higher depending if the image can be compressed.
The 4DPi-35 is designed to work with the Raspbian Operating System running on the Raspberry Pi, as that is the official Raspberry Pi operating system.
The 4DPi-35 features a breakout header (P2), which enables all of the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins to be accessed while the 4DPi-35 is connected. These can be access with jumper wires or with an IDC ribbon cable.
Note*: Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation, and all references to the words ‘Raspberry Pi‘ or the use of its logo/marks are strictly in reference to the Raspberry Pi product, and how this product is compatible with but is not associated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation in any way.
- Universal 3.5” Primary Display for the Raspberry Pi.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A, B and B+.
- 480x320 QVGA Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colors, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel.
- Display full GUI output / primary output, just like a monitor connected to the Raspberry Pi.
- High Speed 48MHz SPI connection to the Raspberry Pi, featuring SPI compression technology.
- Typical frame rate of 17 Frames per second (FPS), higher if image can be compressed further by the kernel. Lower if no compression is possible.
- Powered directly off the Raspberry Pi, no external power supply is required.
- On/Off or PWM controlled backlight, selectable by on board jumper.
- Module dimensions: 56.6 x 97.6 x 20.8mm (including corner plates). Weighing ~ 50g.
- Display Viewing Area: 49 x 73.4mm
- 4x corner plates with 2.6mm holes for mechanical mounting.
- RoHS and CE Compliant.
- 49mm X 73.4mm viewing area
4DPi-35 3D PDF
4DPi-35 Package for Raspbian
4DPi-35 Source Code