This is usually the easiest sensing technology to apply in applications where the metal object to be detected is within an inch or two of the sensor face.
Note that the standard detecting distance is based on a standard shape approaching the sensor in a standard way. The real detecting distance will vary depending on the shape, thickness and type of metal being detected and will in general be between 70 to 80% of the standard distance.
- Detects Metallic objects
- Standard Detecting Distance: 15mm
- Normally Open
- DC wire output
- Requires a 12 to 24VDC Power Supply
This sensor connects to a Digital Input on any of the following products:
- 1018 - PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8
- 1019 - PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 w/6 Port Hub
- 1202 - PhidgetTextLCD
- 1203 - PhidgetTextLCD
- 1070 - PhidgetSBC
- 1012 - PhidgetInterfaceKit 0/16/16
- 1060 - PhidgetMotorControl LV
- 1063 - PhidgetStepper Bipolar 1-Motor
This is how you connect the 3527 to a Phidget board that does not have 12V power such as the 1018, 1012, 1202, and 1203 using our 12VDC Power Supply:
- Connect the +12 wire from the Power Supply (that's the one with the white line) to the 3527 Brown wire.
- Connect the 3527 Black wire to a Digital Input on the 1018.
- Connect the Power supply Ground Wire and the 3527 Blue wire to the Digital Input Ground connector on the 1018.
Note: When the 3527 is connected to a 1012, it will behave as a Normally Close (NC) sensor instead of Normally Open (NO).
For boards that have power input, if the supplied power is within 12-24VDC, the +V line can be connected to the terminal block, powering the sensor from the Phidget. The 1019, 1070, 1060 and 1063 all accept external power.
Comes packaged with:
- Mounting Hardware Kit