XBees are ready to use out of the package, or they can be configured through the X-CTU utility or from your microcontroller. These modules can communicate point to point, from one point to a PC, or in a mesh network.
Because the XBee modules have 2 mm pin spacing, we recommend one of our adapter boards for each module. Our adapter boards provide several advantages to the XBee modules such breadboard-friendly standard 0.1 inch pin spacing, mounting holes, and easy-to-solder connections. Even if you are communicating point-to-point without a PC, we still recommend that you always have at least one XBee USB Adapter Board (# 32400) so you can easily configure and test each XBee module prior to putting it in a point-to-point application.
The alternate style of XBee 1mW Wire Antenna (XB24-AWI-001) (#32405 is also available.
- Parallax support
- PCB antenna
- Cross-compatibility with other 802.15.4 XBee modules
- Low-power sleep modes
- 100 ft (30 m) indoor/urban range and 300 ft (100 m) outdoor line-of-sight range
- Configured with API or AT commands, local or over the air
- 8 digital I/O and (7) 10-bit ADC inputs
- 802.15.4 network topology
- Multiple antenna options
- XBee Adapter
- Board XBee USB Adapter Board
- Remote controlled Boe-Bot robot
- Wireless data acquisition
- Remote signal beacon for adventure seekers
- Remote industrial monitoring
- Lighting control
- Keyless entry