For the beginner to intermediate programmer, this book assumes no knowledge other than basic programming experience in any BASIC or C-like language.
All aspects of the Propeller chip are introduced, from its architecture to using the Propeller Tool IDE for programming in both Spin and assembly language.
The HYDRA hardware is also covered in detail with schematics, descriptions, and tips allowing you to take full advantage of its resources, including the Expansion Port and 128K Game Card. Numerous demo programs are included for you to use as starting points for your own games.
Note: The printed book is black and white. Downloadable PDFs appear in color.
Here's some of what you'll find inside:
- In depth discussion of the Propeller chip at the register level
- Spin Language overview and programming
- Assembly Language programming
- HYDRA Architecture and circuit descriptions
- 2D graphics and animation programming
- Game algorithms and software patterns
- Input device programming for keyboard, mouse, and game controller
- Optimization techniques for game programming
- Basic physics modeling for games
- Artificial intelligence techniques
- Dozens of demos showing all topics discussed
- Over 800 pages of comprehensive tutorial
- Complete IDE, tools, and drivers needed to install the Hydra and Propeller IDE on your PC
- Full source code for book
- Advanced game and graphics demos including full source code for 2D/3D engines, code overlay loaders, ADSR sound engines and much more
- Free eBook Copy of the legendary "Black Art of 3D Game Programming by André LaMothe"