For hobbyists, and students working on robot projects,
The author Owen Bishop provides the background and tools to program your robot for tasks that go beyond the simple routines provided with the robot kit.
The programs range in complexity from simple contact avoidance and path following, to programs generating some degree of artificial intelligence
Along the way you will learn the basics of programming structures and techniques using NXT-G and Microsoft VPL.
- A how-to guide for programming your robot, using NXT-G and Microsoft VPL
- Ten robot-specific projects show how to extend your robot's capabilities beyond the manufacturer's provided software.
Examples of projects include:
- Maze solver,
- Robot House Builder,
- Search (obstacle avoidance),
- Song and Dance Act
- flowcharts and data flow diagrams are used to illustrate how to develop programs
- introduces basic programming structures
- includes a DVD w/ e-text, programming code, and link to accompanying website
Includes a DVD w/ e-text, programming code, and link to accompanying website.